3.19.2012

Corned Beef and Cabbage

I made corned beef and cabbage for St. Patty's Day.  I knew I needed to put it in the crock pot because of time restraints so I used a couple different recipes (mostly using THIS ONE as a guide) to make it how I wanted it.

Ingredients:

3 pound corned beef brisket with a seasoning packet
Half a bag red potatoes, quartered
5 large carrots, diced
1/4 cup chopped parsley
1 head of cabbage, cut into chunks

I put the potatoes, carrots, chopped parsley and corned beef brisket (seasoned with the seasoning packet) in the crock pot with 3 cups of water.  I cooked it on low for 8 hours.  Then I took the meat out and put the cabbage in and cooked for another 1 1/2 hours.

This was delicious and very easy.  I was proud of my first try making this meal.  'Til next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment