3.05.2012

Pizza Crust & Caprese Pizza

Last night I made homemade pizza. I started with Pioneer Woman's Pizza Crust.


CRUST
Ingredients:

FOR THE CRUST (MAKES TWO CRUSTS):
1 teaspoon Active Dry Or Instant Yeast
4 cups All-purpose Flour
1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
1/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil

TO MAKE THE CRUST:

Sprinkle yeast over 1 1/2 cups warm (not lukewarm) water.
In a mixer, combine flour and salt. With the mixer running on low speed (with paddle attachment), drizzle in olive oil until combined with flour. Next, pour in yeast/water mixture and mix until just combined.

Coat a separate mixing bowl with a light drizzle of olive oil, and form the dough into a ball. Toss to coat dough in olive oil, then cover the bowl tightly with plastic wrap and store in the fridge until you need it. ***It's best to make the dough at least 24 hours in advance, and 3 or 4 days is even better.

Then I put on:

Pizza sauce
Fresh mozzarella slices
tomatoes
fresh basil leaves

It was yummy!  I can't seem to make the crust bake in the middle though.  It was really dough-y.  If anyone reads this and knows a trick, will you let me know?  It happens every time I bake pizza.

2 comments:

  1. I DO know a trick. And it works.

    Once your dough is all rolled out, poke holes in it all over with a fork. Then, sprinkle garlic salt over your dough, before you put your sauce/toppings on.

    Let me know when you try it and if it works for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a trick. It works for me and I hope it will work for you along with any other tricks of the trade you may get. I preheat my pizza stone then roll my crust out, put the rolled out crust on the HOT stone (someone in my family gets burned at this point but I won't say who) and bake until it looks like you like it...
    Let me know if it works!

    ReplyDelete