10.31.2011

The Best Pie Crust I've Ever Made

I followed the pie tutorial on the Pioneer Woman's website by a pie pro she had guest-post.  I've never made a better crust in my life - and I've made a lot of different types of crusts.  It was flaky, buttery, extremely flavorful and just straight up wonderful.

HERE is the tutorial and recipe.  I don't know what the heck leaf fat or whatever it's called is, so I just used one cup of butter instead (which she says is just fine to do).  I washed mine with heavy cream before baking it.

I am obsessed with Pinterest these days and recently saw the beauty that is this pie crust:



How gorgeous is that?  So I wanted to do something similar.  For some reason I thought I had a cute leaf cookie cutter like this... but I was wrong.  I had to opt for pumpkin-shaped and it was kind of lame.  But DELICIOUS!



This is the best crust recipe I've found.  Use this on your Thanksgiving pies for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment