10.21.2011

Candy Corn Cupcakes


I had the highest hopes that these would turn out perfect and adorable like they are on the blog where I found the RECIPE for Candy Corn Cupcakes.  Just so you know, these don't taste like candy corn (which is downright disgusting if you ask me), they just look like them.  They are so adorable if done right.  I made the batter and the colors looked so cute and I even thought I did a good job of evenly distributing the batter so there was half yellow/half orange.  All is well until the bottoms of your cupcakes BURN.  I was so angry.  After all of that work most of the batches' bottoms burned, requiring me to cut off the burned part and have most of the batch just cupcake tops that were orange.  I put them on the bottom shelf of the oven to bake and there's where my problem was.  I guess you live and learn in the kitchen.  Not every batch can turn out perfect.

I also made the frosting  recipe to go with these.  It's not my favorite because I'm partial to a thick cream cheese frosting and this is more that light, whipped store-cupcake frosting/filling.  It's tasty though, for sure.  I used almond instead of vanilla because that's what I used in the batter and I wanted to remain consistent.

These are really cute (if you do it right) and are great for around Halloween.

Before - when things were still hopeful

After.  Not so hopeful anymore.


This one sort of turned out right.  Too bad the picture is so blurry.

No comments:

Post a Comment