10.13.2011

Flat Apple Pie

Hello! It's been awhile.  I went on vacation and someone else was feeding me! Now that I'm home, there are several recipes on the agenda.  Last night I realized I had some leftover store bought pie crust.  I usually hate store bought pie crust and love making my own.  But since it was just sitting there I decided to throw together an apple pie.  I checked my favorite cook book (PW) and there was a recipe for "Flat Apple Pie".  This recipe is only in her cook book and not on her website, but I found another blog who has posted the recipe for your use - GO HERE.

I love making apple pie more than almost anything.  There's something so rewarding about taking an apple pie out of the oven... it smells so heavenly.  This was a little less exciting because it was store bought crust.  I was also a little skeptical because there is only brown sugar and sugar, no spices or anything!  But... as always... PW didn't disappoint. I had myself a piping hot slice and it was delectable.  It takes literally minutes to throw together (because I don't peel my apples) and tastes super good.

I love you apple pie!


I only had enough dough to make three small flat pies.  You're supposed to make two large flat pies.  Mine turned out pretty ugly - but taste is all that matters when it comes to pie.

Before baking.


After baking.

No comments:

Post a Comment