9.26.2012

Barbeque Chicken Pineapple Quesadillas

I made these quesadillas based on Pioneer Woman's version, but used a couple different things that I already had at home.  They were good, fast and easy. 

BBQ Chicken Pineapple Quesadillas

  • Shredded barbeque chicken (as much per quesadilla as you want) - I had made shredded bbq chicken for something else last week and had a lot leftover to use in this recipe
  • 1 Jalapeno pepper - sliced and seeds taken out
  • White cheddar cheese (as much per quesadilla as you want)
  • Sliced pineapple (I used canned but canned pineapples suck and I wish I had been able to find fresh pineapple at the store)
  • Corn tortillas
Heat a skillet over medium-high heat with a little bit of olive oil or cooking spray.  Throw in a corn tortilla and quickly top with chicken, jalapeno slices, cheese and pineapple.  Cover with another corn tortilla and let cook for a couple of minutes.   Flip the quesadilla and let the other tortilla cook for a couple of minutes until slightly brown.

My only regret is the pineapple, but the store really didn't have any fresh.  It was still good though and I loved the bite from the jalapeno.



No comments:

Post a Comment