1.26.2012

Pina Colada Sorbet

I just purchased an ice cream maker bowl for my KitchenAid.  I came across this Pina Colada Sorbet recipe on Skinny Taste and knew it was meant to be my first ever attempt in the ice cream maker.  The preparation couldn't be easier (unless you use canned pineapple I guess).  You just make the mixture the day before, put it in the fridge (I just kept it right in the blender) for at least 8 hours and then put it in your ice cream maker per your specific machine's instructions.  My mixer attachment took 12 minutes to make this into a sorbet & then I let it freeze for about 3 hours before enjoying.

OH MY GAAAAHHHH, this is AMAZING!  First of all, it tastes like a tropical dream in your mouth. Second, it is so easy.  I am so happy I bought the KitchenAid attachment - it's going to bring us happiness for many years to come.

If you have an ice cream maker and if you like pina coladas....... THIS is a MUST!  I can't wait to eat some more tonight.

P.S. I made mine without rum.

No comments:

Post a Comment