1.30.2012

Slow Cooker Pot Roast

This week was my first experience with Bountiful Baskets. I now have a fridge full of fresh veggies and fruit and I have had to figure out meals to use them.  I got so excited when there was a 5 pound bag of red potatoes in my basket.  I LOVE RED POTATOES.  Then I got the itch to make a pot roast with them.  Even though the meat cost me a small fortune (and I got the cheapest kind... chuck roast), I went for it.  I found a slow cooker recipe on Allrecipes.com that has thousands of reviews and decided to try it.  I threw some red potatoes in with the meat, put the slow cooker on low and let it cook for almost 10 hours.  The meat didn't fall apart with tenderness and so I was worried it wouldn't be good.  It was though! It was delicious!  And the red potatoes were my favorite with the sauce.  It was a wonderful Sunday dinner.  This couldn't get any easier to make - definitely give it a try sometime soon!

Here's the recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment