9.06.2011

Eggs-in-a-Hole

I think I'm a late jumper on to this bandwagon.  I wanted to use up some french bread I bought before we went out of town and so I looked in my handy-dandy PW cookbook and found Eggs-in-a-Hole.


This was perhaps the easiest breakfast I've ever made and it was so incredibly yummy.  My husband says he had it growing up and I think people make this all the time.  But guess what? I'd never had it or heard of it until now.  Bread soaked in butter can't be wrong - but the egg/salt/pepper makes it doubly good.  I don't think it would be quite as good with thin, regular bread - I think I will make it with thick, artisan-type breads every time I make it.  

Delicious!  Here is the "recipe" - four ingredients!

2 comments:

  1. I hadn't heard of it either until I married Nick. This recipe looks delic, I'll try it for a Sunday morning lazy breakfast...Thanks!

    ReplyDelete