9.15.2011

Pineapple Barbecue Pulled Chicken

How I love my crock pot.  It just makes life so easy.  And makes the house smell so, so good.


I made this Pineapple Barbecue Pulled Chicken the other night.  I can't say it was amazing, really.  What I can say is it was pretty good and very (extremely, utterly, completely) easy.  We put this on rolls for sandwiches and had them with Cheesy Tomato Zucchini Bake.  I recommend using 1/2 cup pineapple juice from the can - the original recipe's author said she prefers it without - but I prefer it with (I think).  I also omitted onions and used onion flakes instead because we hate onions and flakes provide a little flavor without the taste of an actual fresh onion.

If you're in a hurry, you have some chicken in your freezer and want a recipe for a work night this is a good one to use.

Not my top choice, though.  I think I just like pork better.  Maybe I will try this recipe again with pork and end up loving it.

No comments:

Post a Comment