9.08.2011

Goat Cheese, Chicken & Tomato/Basil Quesadillas


Last night I wanted to make something fast, easy, and with ingredients I already had at home.  The result was:

Goat Cheese, Chicken, Tomato and Basil Quesadillas


Burrito size tortillas
Goat cheese
Canned chicken
Thinly sliced tomatoes
Chopped fresh basil leaves
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
Pepper to taste
2 Tablespoons Butter

Mix one can of chicken with the garlic salt and pepper.

Heat a large skillet to medium high.  Butter one side of a tortilla.  Smear as much goat cheese as you'd like on the other side of the tortilla.  Add chicken on top of goat cheese.  Add as many thinly sliced tomatoes and fresh basil as you'd like.  Put in skillet butter side down and cook until the butter turns the tortilla nice and golden brown.  Fold in half and enjoy!  You could obviously butter two tortillas and put one on top and flip the quesadilla so both sides get brown and delicious - but the tortillas I used were 200 calories per one and I didn't really want to eat 400 calories worth of tortillas last night because lately my booty is jiggling a lot and I'm saving my calorie frenzy for fried food at the State Fair (which is really going to help with the booty issue).


My husband said this was "amazing".  I am beginning to think he just says that every time he eats though.  These were definitely nice to just throw together and they incorporate some of my favorite things in life... tortillas, basil, goat cheese, tomatoes.  Delicioso!

No comments:

Post a Comment