8.08.2011

Banana Cake With Brown Sugar Buttercream Frosting

Yesterday we went to a movie night with friends and I was in charge of dessert.  I made a Banana Cake with Brown Sugar Buttercream.  I found this recipe via a photo on Pinterest (which I'm obsessed with) and thought it looked a little challenging because of the layering and the frosting is slightly different from anything I've made before.

Here is the CAKE recipe and the FROSTING recipe from www.cooklikeyourgrandmother.com.


The cake tasted a lot like banana bread, but was more moist (ew, I hate that word).  The frosting tastes really good but is a somewhat odd texture and I never could get the graininess to completely go away.  Making layered cakes is so rewarding because they end up looking so large, like masterpieces (although mine are pretty messy masterpieces).

I would make this recipe again if someone really loved banana and wanted it in a cake instead of bread - the frosting really does add something to it.  But I don't think I would go through the trouble of making it again otherwise.  If you love banana though - give it a try at least once.  It got good reviews from the tasters.

I would definitely make the frosting again for other recipes.  Despite a strange-ish texture it is really, really tasty.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I really love banana and want this more than bread.

    Yu-um.

    ReplyDelete