8.26.2011

Blackberry & Raspberry Cobbler



My husband said this was the "best cobbler ever".  It's from the Pioneer Woman Cookbook, but she also has it on her site.  Find the very simple recipe here.

I used a cup of raspberries and a cup of blackberries to mix the flavor up a little.

I think I used too large of a baking dish.  Next time I would use something a little more deep and round so that it was more thick cobbler-ish with each bite.  

The slices that were more thick cobbler-y with a little less berries were very, very delicious.  

I am very happy with the results and will make this again soon.  The best part is you are likely to have all the ingredients for this just lying around your kitchen, except the berries.

I bought a can of Reddi-Whip to serve with it, but the bottle was broken and so we only got a few tablespoons of cream out of it.  What a tragedy.

I will definitely make this with peaches next month when we buy a bushel.  Now that is something to look forward to.


Highly recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment